Most of us know of Kim’s beginnings. Father was a lawyer on the OJ case and she did that now infamous staged sex tape with Brandy’s brother to her two minute marriage to a guy no one can remember. Her mother then spinned all that around and made her a household where she and her sisters can command hundreds of thousands because everyone wants to to be a part of america’s First TV family. I can only guess most of the youngins that follow Kim have never heard of the Osmonds but I digress.
Then we have Kanye. A Chicago native producer whose teachers told him he would never make in the music business and slowly began to shove it in everyone’s nose when he made a hit record with an artist. But not to be stopped at production, he wanted to rap to. Got picked up by Roc a Fella records and his career skyrocketed. He unfortunately got into an accident and lost his mom during his career. It seemed that though he valued his life, he began to shove his life in everyone’s face. All the attention had to be on Kanye.
These two have had a friendship since the Reggie Bush days of Kim’s life but I do not think anyone else saw the narcissistic planet that was going to form once they collided.
Most of us have seen and watched this relationship unfold. The countless pictures of Kim everywhere, the kanye changing of her wardrobe. I do not know why we tried to act surprised when he did this. He did this with Amber Rose. From her blonde locks to being seats away from Pop’s reigning queen Beyonce.
We have all heard the endless comparisons to Jay and Bey and How Kanye so desperately wanted to Be like Jay. Have to great girl, Great career, Great life. Only problem with that is while it is like pulling teeth to get Jay and Bey to be more open about their relationship ( Though the new Beyonce album to help shed a little more light) , Kanye and Kim want to world to know every single solitary detail. He even hired someone to film his proposal ( For
Now the world’s fashion bible, Vogue, has caved and given her and him a cover. Mr. I need to plead for my girl to be a cover of Vogue. Yes Kim does get great clothes but no she hasn’t done anything to warrant being on something that covers fashion the way fashionistas and wannabe fashionistas love.
Twitter of course was a flutter with a barrage of some really scathing retorts like canceling subscriptions to Vogue going the way of star magazine. Most bloggers and editors alike are trying to figure what made Anna change her mind. We have all heard and read about how much Ms. Wintour did not care for the Kardashians in general so why the change of heart?
I have a few theories and it is kinda of how some people raise their children these days because of every level of protection that has to take place.
1) Kanye threw a tantrum. He went to almost every news and media he could to express how much he loved Kim and why Kim should grace the cover of Vogue and get a star on the Hollywood walk of Fame ( please for the love of god ..no)
2) Anna Wintour killed two birds (
Chicken heads) with one stone. She knows deep in her heart that she would have to appease the beast that is Kimye and what better way to do it
3) Vogue has to sell units. No matter how many purists out there may yell and scream about Vogue’s decision, there are enough Dash Dolls to send this particular issue through the roof.
4) Kimye is creeping away at the 15 minutes of fame. We live in a popcorn society where everything we get is 3 mins of less. And because these to do not follow the less is more policy, they are burning out that flame.
5) Vogue will probably never have them again. Just think long term people. This is a blip on the fashion radar. Their wedding is coming up and everyone is going to capitalize on that ish.
If I were people I wouldn’t worry too much. Fashion magazines stopped really using models since the 90’s and once those two are done with their “issues”, we will find something else to focus on for three minutes.
I just hope this does not turn into another tomkat relationship. ( Kanye Shrug)